host declaration and agent.remote-id

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Nov 2 22:49:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:20:15PM +0100, Gilbert Coles wrote:
> Can anybody tell me if it's possible to configure the dhcpd to give a PC a
> fixed IP address using the host declaration based on a matching subclass
> with a defined option agent.remote-id (suboption 2 of DHCP ooption 82)?

That specific example is not possible with the currently released
software.

There are features we've planned in consideration for certain kinds of
DHCPv4 client identifier interoperability problems (mostly relating to
PXE) which we have planned for a future release which may be used to
effect this kind of implementation.