Lease imbalance problem

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Nov 2 23:45:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 02:15:59PM -0800, MaryAnn Bulhoes wrote:
> Hello,
>    Since upgrading to 3.1.0a1 the message logs have been filling up on
> both DNS servers with lease misbalance errors like the following:

These aren't errors actually...it's working as intended but not
quite as desired.

> My message logs are huge any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about that.

These logs are cosmetic.  3.1.0a2 (soon now) will be less verbose
(we tweaked how these events are handled considering the scheduling,
so the 'event skipped' won't happen anymore).  This should make
the other logs (pool xxx etc) happen less frequently, but will
still log depending on the scheduling.

I think you can filter them out by lowering the level of logging
in your syslog configuration in the meantime.  The 'pool' lines
are at info level, I don't have an a1 tree in front of me anymore,
but judging by the a2 sources I bet the 'event skipped' log lines
are at least at 'info' level if not 'debug'.