how to set up DHCP for two segment network?

Randy Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Wed Nov 8 13:44:04 UTC 2006

yuki
   just define the three subnets in one configuration file. do not specify the device on startup and dhcp will listen to all three. If there is a fourth interface that you do not want dhcp to serve then you will need to specify the three on startup.
<><Randy

<><Randall Grimshaw
Room 203 Machinery Hall
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY   13244
315-443-5779
rgrimsha at syr.edu

>>> yuki-takahashi at livedoor.jp 11/7/2006 10:10:27 PM >>>

Hi

I'm using this software

*DHCP-3.0.5

My Server installed 3NIC's.

There is 3 network segments.

*1.192.168.1.0/24 :eth0
*2.192.168.20.0/24:eth1
*3.192.168.30.0/24:eth2

I want to set up DHCP Server about 3 networks.

I did try these cases, but it doesn't work.

make 3 config files for eth0,eth1,eth2

starting deamon with this command.

*#dhcpd -cf dhcpd_1.0.conf -lf lease.1.0.log eth0

then I did try to start next deamon

*#dhcpd -cf dhcpd_20.0.conf -lf lease.20.0.log eth1

then I saw error screen like this.

*There's already a DHCP server running.

Do you have any idea?

or Is the thing which I try to do impossible?

Best regards.