how to issue multiple search domain list

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 16:08:19 UTC 2006

Conrad Lawes wrote:

>At my company, we have multiple dns zones.  Example,
>dev.mycompany.com prod.mycompany.com, qa.mycompany.com
>I would like to configure our dhcp server to issue out a domain
>search list  to dhcp clients.  I read somewhere that this is
>possible with ISC DHCP v3.01 but there is no documentation or
>example how to implement this.

Whilst there is (IIRC) an option for a dns search path, most clients
do not request it. There have been reports that Windows will treat a
domain name option with multiple parts (eg domain="dev.mycompany.com
prod.mycompany.com qa.mycompany.com") as a search path, but that will
definitely break most clients.

Simon

PS - You message hits enough of a spam score for many filters to drop it :