Rép. : auto partner-down

Serveur-Faucon Surveillance SrvFaucon at cslaval.qc.ca
Wed Nov 22 14:53:24 UTC 2006

Do you have the "load balance max seconds" statement in your dhcpd.master file?

Alexandre Racine - Gardien Virtuel - Sécurité Informatique www.gardienvirtuel.com
Montréal, Québec, Canada

>>> pgmilano at quilmes.com.ar 2006-11-21 15:51:52 >>>
I am using DHCP with Failover. In my case, the lease time is set to twelve
hours. Unfortunately, the IP ranges are used in more than half the amount
of IP addresses and it is really hard to change that.
Some times happens that, during the weekend, one of the servers goes down,
making the survival server to enter the "communications-interrupted"
state. On monday, when users start to power on their workstations, the
survival server quickly reachs its 50% of the total pool size, rejecting
requests of all other users. The solution here, is to go quickly and put
the survival server into "partner-down" state. But unfortunately, users
ofthen realize of the problem before administrators do.
In order to avoid that, I find really usefull to be able to chose a time
period, after which a server in "communications-interupted" state change
into "partner-down" state. This period is specified in the ietf drat as
"safe period".
In some other previous thread, some users proposed a new feature called
"auto-partner-down-time". I totally agree with that. It would be good to
the administrator to have the choice to configure this.