agent.remote-id problem

Peter Balazs peter at kapos-net.hu
Wed Nov 29 13:34:54 UTC 2006

Hi!

We are an ISP through CATV network, and using ISC DHCP server (newest
version 3.0.5).

My problem is: There are such DHCPREQUEST when I can't see the extra
message in the log, which have to occur at the "on commit" event. I read
forums a lot, and found, that stash-agent-options is the solution for this
problem, but it's not working for me (or just missing some other options).
These problematic DHCPREQUEST's are came mostly from DSL routers from the
CPE side. I'm understanding that these packets are unicasts, and this is
why the CMTS didn't include option 82, but the DHCP SERVER should do it
from the available lease. I checked the leases file, and the specific
lease contains the agent.remote-id option. So, I don't have any other
idea.

Can anybody help me?

Details from dhcpd.conf:

**********************************

log-facility local7;

if (exists agent.remote-id) {
    on commit {
        log(info, concat("KtvAdmin: commit ", binary-to-ascii(10, 8, ".",
leased                                             -address), " ",
binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", option agent.remote-id), " ", binary
                                          -to-ascii(10, 16, "",
encode-int(lease-time, 16)), " ", binary-to-ascii(16, 8, "
                                    :", substring(hardware, 1,
6)), " '", option host-name, "'"));
    }
    on release {
        log(info, concat("KtvAdmin: release ", binary-to-ascii(10, 8, ".",
lease                                             d-address), " ",
binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", substring(hardware, 1, 6))));
    }
    on expiry {
        log(info, concat("KtvAdmin: expiry ", binary-to-ascii(10, 8, ".",
leased                                             -address)));

server-identifier x.x.x.x;

stash-agent-options true;

ddns-update-style none;

max-lease-time 21600;
default-lease-time 21600;

authoritative;

shared-network kabeltv {

class "client_xxxx" {
  match if (option agent.remote-id = modem's mac address here);
  spawn with option agent.remote-id;
  lease limit 2;
}

pool {