"peer holds all free leases" message

Kirsten Petersen kirsten.petersen at oregonstate.edu
Wed Oct 4 17:19:56 UTC 2006

That is actually what we are doing.  Registrations happen on another box,
which pushes the new dhcp config to the production servers, and touches a
"kick" file.  There is a cron job running on the dhcp servers every 5
minutes that looks for this file, and if it is there, tests the new
config, puts it in place and restarts the daemon.

When things are busy and a lot of new people are registering their
machines (for our wireless network, mainly), changes could be happening at
every 5 minute interval.

Restarting the daemons at different times is an interesting idea.
Restarting them less often seems worth trying as well.

Kirsten Petersen
Network Services * Oregon State University
http://oregonstate.edu/net * irc.oregonstate.edu #osu-is
"If you're not learning, you're not living."