dhclient on linux ppc

Anselmo Lacerda Silveira de Melo anselmo.melo at asga.com.br
Thu Oct 19 17:44:57 UTC 2006

Em Qui, 2006-10-19 às 10:30 -0700, David W. Hankins escreveu:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 01:59:36PM -0200, Anselmo Lacerda Silveira de Melo wrote:
> > Now when I run dhclient, it only shows the default copyright message and
> > nothing else (stays freezed)
>
> Oh, put it after this line:
>
>                         i += sizeof *ifp;
>
> Should be 5-6 lines lower.

Only as a feedback, now the message has changed to:

socket: Protocol not available - make sure
CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket) and CONFIG_FILTER
(Socket Filtering) are enabled in your kernel
configuration!

I'll check the linux kernel here, then I post again the results

> Sorry, not enough caffeine yet this morning.

no problem :-)

Thank you,

Anselmo