Dhcp Leasequery implemented in dhcpd 3.0.4 ?

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Oct 25 13:12:08 UTC 2006

>Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:26:10 +0200
>From: Sébastien CRAMATTE <s.cramatte at wanadoo.fr>
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Subject: Dhcp Leasequery implemented in dhcpd 3.0.4  ?
>
>Hi,
>
>I've seen that  dhcp lease query seems to be implemented in ISC DHCPD
>.... but in which version ?
>I use dhcp-3.0.4  and  leasequery packet are unknown ...
>
>Oct 25 11:28:33 dhcp-cpe dhcpd: type 13 from <no identifier> via
>x.x.x.x  : unknown packet type

It's in 3.1.0a1 but doesn't seem to be in any earlier releases. This is
from the RELNOTES:

- The DHCP LEASEQUERY protocol as defined in RFC4388 is now implemented.
  LEASEQUERY lets you query the DHCP server for information about a lease,
  using either an IP address, MAC address, or client identifier.  Thanks
  to a patch from Justin Haddad.

and dhcpd.conf man page for 3.1.0a1:

      allow leasequery;
      deny leasequery;

     The leasequery flag tells the DHCP server whether or not  to
     answer  DHCPLEASEQUERY  packets.  The answer to a DHCPLEASE-
     QUERY packet includes information about  a  specific  lease,
     such  as  when  it  was  issued  and when it will expire. By
     default, the server will not respond to these packets.

this section doesn't appear in earlier versions of the man page.

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell     mailto:glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au | Some days we are