DHCP option 82 behavior

Curt Rask crask at telesyn.com
Fri Sep 8 15:46:48 UTC 2006

Actually, the device in the middle is doing DHCP snooping instead of
relay.  In that mode, it still inserts option 82 information in the DHCP
discovers.  We have made the suggestion that a relay be inserted in the
network, but the user is being somewhat particular and wants to keep
their network setup as it currently stands.