Configuration question..

Keith.Neufeld at wichita.edu Keith.Neufeld at wichita.edu
Wed Sep 13 12:56:17 UTC 2006

> This still gives me warnings:
> WARNING: Host declarations are global.  They are not limited to the
> scope you declared them in
>
> do I need to define the hosts outside the subnets even?

Yes, exactly.

> but if I do that
> how will it know what hosts to apply what to?  how would it tell the
> different between hosts one, two and another?

I sent a fairly detailed reply about that to the mailing list yesterday.
If it didn't make it through, I can resend it.  I think (hope) it should
answer your questions and give you a roadmap on where to put what.

In short, subnet-specific parameters are always applied to hosts *booting
in that subnet.*  Host-specific parameters need to be applied to
individual hosts, or to groups of hosts.

--
Keith Neufeld
Lead Network Engineer