w2k 'excluderange' analog?

Aaron Bennett abennett at clarku.edu
Tue Sep 19 20:15:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

Many thanks to all who responded to my first post about this win2k ->
isc tool I'm working on.  The next task at hand is dealing with Windows
DHCP excluderanges.  Win2k DHCP allows you to exclude ranges in the
middle of scopes; multiple ranges inside each scope are possible.  So
you can have "range 10.6.65.120 10.6.65.253" with
10.6.65.135->10.6.65.142 excluded from the middle of it.  Looking
through "The DHCP Handbook" I find no corresponding concept in isc dhcp,
so to achieve my above example you'd need:

range 10.6.65.120 10.6.65.134
range 10.6.65.143 10.6.65.253

Am I correct here?

Best,