How to configure sub option 3 for option 82.

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Apr 18 15:54:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 04:01:39AM -0600, Rohit Jaini wrote:
> Does server support other sub options if yes then how ?

Per the dhcp-options manpage, circuit-id (1), remote-id (2), and
DOCSIS-device-class (4) are in default config as options you can
configure or inspect.

Note that code 3 is absent, this has had different and incompatible
implementations.  We've left our old definition people might be
using in, but we don't document it.

The link-selection option (5) is also in (3.1.0).  I should
update the manpage.

For any other option codes, look at 'man dhcp-options' and search
forward for DEFINING NEW OPTIONS.