force DDNS update

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Apr 24 15:19:43 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 08:10:47PM -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> In any event, anytime dhcpd tells bind foo=X, I don't want bind to argue.  I
> want it to take the new IP and make it so.

We received a patch from Christof Chen at Allianz, which will appear
in the next 3.1.0 release;

       The update‐conflict‐detection statement

          update‐conflict‐detection flag;

          If the update‐conflict‐detection parameter is true, the server  will
          perform standard DHCID multiple‐client, one‐name conflict detection.
          If the parameter has been set false, the server will skip this check
          and  instead  simply  tear down any previous bindings to install the
          new binding without question.  The default is true.