Altiris deployment option

Keith Lawson Keith.Lawson at sjhc.london.on.ca
Thu Aug 16 14:50:25 UTC 2007

Hi John,

The following configuration works for us to redirect PXE requests to our Altiris server:

# Server information for PXE clients
if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient" {
   option vendor-class-identifier "PXEClient";
   option dhcp-server-identifier altiris.yourdomain.com;
   server-name "altiris.yourdomain.com";
}

Keith.

<46C48D89.F499.00A3.0 at stgeorge.com.au>, "John Abbott" <abbottj at stgeorge.com.au>
wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just thought I would quiz the group at large, we are trying to set
> altiris deployment server as an option on DHCP rather than the client
> broadcasting for the server address.
>
> Has anyone had success with this?
>
> regards
> John

> *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
> This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
> addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
> persons.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
> us immediately.  Please also destroy and delete the message from
> your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
> is strictly prohibited.
>
> St.George Bank Limited AFSL 240997, Advance Asset Management Limited
> AFSL 240902,  St.George Life Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management
> Limited
> AFSL 240695 and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable
> for
> the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
> this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in  reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other  than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this  in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.