How to install dhcp-3.0.6

Aggarwal Vivek-Q4997C Q4997C at motorola.com
Thu Aug 30 03:55:45 UTC 2007

Hi

I tried installing the dhcp3.0.6 package from the source file on Linx ES
version4

I tried to convert source files into rpms

Hence I was trying dhcp.spec file

I find out some discrepancies there
When I did vi dhcp.spec
I found that it is still mentioining version dhcp-3.0.2

Hence I changed it to dhcp-3.0.6

But Im still unable to install the package

Error shown is unable to find linux.init file in /var/tmp dir

Basically what I found is that  %install in the dhcp.spec file for Linux
in th command chmod 755 linux.init is mentioned but that file is not
there in the package. Or might the name of the file is wrong by mistake.

Can anybody resolve the issue????

Regards
Vivek Aggarwal