How does DHCPD determine what IP address to assign and...

Ryan McCain Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us
Fri Dec 21 20:46:51 UTC 2007

I found a few posts in the archives but am a bit confused.  I don't know what the 0 and 9 are for and used the example I found as a template.  I am on the right track if I want all DHCP clients that connect w/ the UID containing ASYNC be assigned IP addresses between 10.120.5.100-108 only??

class "DialUp" {
    match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "ASYNC";
        log (info, " Matched Dialup Rule");
        range 10.120.5.100 10.120.5.108
}

..Thanks..