get dhclient to exit

Schmidt, Jolynn Jolynn.Schmidt at nasdaq.com
Wed Feb 7 18:39:51 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am using dhclient to do a one time configuration during an install
script run out of an initrd image.  dhclient and a custom
dhclient-script are used to bring up an interface and then write some
info to a file for later use.  I am wondering if there is a
configuration I can set to get dhclient to exit fully after it runs the
dhclient-script rather then going in to the background as a daemon.   If
not, I can always kill the process but would rather have it exit on its
own.

Thanks,

Jolynn