Two leases for the same Mac address.

Francis SOUYRI francis.souyri at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 10 10:06:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

    I am using thinstation which are booting on the network.
When the hardware boots (ACCTON Ethernet card) it requires two times for
an IP address, the DHCP server (dhcp 3.0.3-28 from Fedora core 5),
offers the two times the same IP address.
Then the thinstation retrieves the linux kernel,  the software boot and
ask for an IP address, now the DHCP server does not offer the same IP
address but another one.
For each thinstation that I start they takes two IP, and finally the
DHCP server has not enough free addresses left for booting all the
thinstations...

Sometimes when I checks the lease file, there is more then two leases
for one mac address....

Best regards.

Francis