reboot problem

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon Feb 12 11:36:32 UTC 2007

>Subject: reboot problem
>Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:16:15 +1100
>
>Greeting,
>
>I have ICS dhcpd v3.0.4 in solaris9 system, general, it is working
>without problem. But, anytime reboot the UNIX box, the dhcp client can
>not get ip address anymore.  to fix the problem, I need restart the dhcp
>daemon, and clear arp table on our Cisco router(switch).
>
>on the dhcpd's log, it seems send dhcp server did send DHCPACK or OFFER.
>But, the client can not receive it. and the problem simple fixed by
>restart dhcpd daemon.
>
>Could any one have idea what problem it maybe or how to find the
>actually problem on dhcpd daemon?
>
>Any comments will be appreciated

What rc.d script are you using to start the dhcp server? It may be
running before the network or routing is fully up and running. On my
Solaris systems I run dhcpd using /etc/rc3.d/S17dhcpd.

Note that the Solaris dhcp server is started in /etc/rc3.d/S34dhcp, so
you may want to make sure that is not running and interferring with the
ISC dhcp server operations. The sun dhcp server is
/usr/lib/inet/in.dhcpd.

regards,
-glenn