how to configure option 82

Arnel Deocariza arnel.d at pacific.net.ph
Thu Feb 22 01:47:27 UTC 2007

Glenn Satchell wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:16:38 +0800
>> From: Arnel Deocariza <arnel.d at pacific.net.ph>
>> To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>> Subject: how to configure option 82
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to set up isc dhcp server with option 82 but not sure on how to
>> configure.
>> Please help.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> man dhcp-options and look for the section titled
> "RELAY AGENT INFORMATION OPTION".
>
> Please describe what you would like to be able to
> achieve and I am sure someone on the list will
> have some suggestions. What do you want to do
> with the option 82 information?
>
> regards,
> -glenn

We want our clients to have static IP address assigned whenever they
connect to us base on their equipment ID.

clients -----> relay agent server ------> isc dhcp.

It seems that the relay agent server will no longer forward MAC address
so I want to check if possible to base the IP address to be assign base
on the equipment ID of the client.

I am new to this dhcp configuration so would appreciate if someone can
give configuration example.

Thanks.