hex prepend?

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at DAL.CA
Thu Feb 22 17:04:21 UTC 2007

>> option Cisco_LWAPP_AP.server-address code 43 = string;

> Does anyone know what 2b stands for and how I can change that to f1?

    At a guess, 0x2b == dec 43. That may be co-incidence but I doubt it.
Since 43 is also the code for the "vendor-encapsulated-options" option,
what you are seeing is ((code 43 (vendor-encapsulated-options), length of
8 bytes, and 8 bytes of data consisting of (code 43 (server-address code),
length of 6, and 6 bytes of data consisting of your "format code" of f1,
what I assume is a length of 4, and an IP address.

    You can either simply specify "option vendor-encapsulated-options"
and your hex string instead of the vendor option space or try something
like:

	option space Cisco_LWAPP_AP;
	option Cisco_LWAPP_AP.server-address code 241 = ip-address;
	option Cisco_LWAPP_AP.server-address 170.87.57;
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
UCIS, Networks and Systems		|