DHCP Fail over Setup

Mark Wright mswright at tamu.edu
Tue Feb 27 21:43:37 UTC 2007

Glenn:  Many thanks for the response, we did figure out what the
problem was, YAST was reconfiguring the include DHCP.master statement
and putting it at the top of the dhcp.conf file, and this must be at
the bottom of the file.  So to set up fail over mode in SUSE SLES 10
you cannot use YAST to configure your conf files.  BTW we did try
running dhcpd 3.05 in SLES 10 and it works fine in single mode and
fail over mode.

Mark Wright PH.D.                       mswright at tamu.edu
Texas A&M Univeristy                    979-862-3344 phone
Dept Entomology                 979-845-6305 fax
College Station TX  77843-2475