Forcing a DHCID

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jan 17 19:56:20 UTC 2007

We are still having issues with the same client using two different
DHCIDs, the client does a PXE boot which doesn't provide a client Id and
hence we get a TXT based on the MAC Address, and then Windows does
another request and we get a TXT based on the Client Id which just
happened to be the MAC Address.

Without hacking the code, I need to make both of these the same or stop
dhcpd from trying to do the DNS update during the PXE boot. Is there
anything I can add to a scope that will prevent Client Id from being
used to identify the client or that I can add when I detect a PXE boot
that will disable the DDNS stuff.

Thanks.

Glen.

--
 .*.  | Glen Eustace, Infrastructure Development Engineer
 /V\  | Information Technology Services PN460, Turitea,