dhclient raw socket?

Schmidt, Jolynn Jolynn.Schmidt at nasdaq.com
Thu Jan 18 22:21:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

I was wonder if dhclient uses a raw socket.  We found this to be the
case for udhcpc, which causes problems in our environment.  We have a
high volume UDP broadcast network.  When the raw socket is opened and a
port is not specified, the amount of UDP traffic on our network over
whelms udhcpc and it can not get its lease.  I wanted to move to
dhclient but this will require a lot of work to configure and I wanted
to know up front if we would run in to the same problem.  Does anyone
know?

Thanks,

Jolynn