failover for static subnets

Douglas Armstrong doug at ovationdata.com
Mon Jan 29 14:19:26 UTC 2007

Luc T. wrote:
> Hi, I have a dhcp server running for a couple of subnets. In some subnets, ip addresses are assigned dynamically, while in others ip addresses are assigned solely based on the clients' mac addresses.
>
>   I know it is possible to make failover for those dynamical subnets, but can somebody tell me how I can make failover solution for those static subnets?
>

>   Luc

That was discussed not vary long ago on the list.  do a quick search
should turn it up. To the best of my memory you just put the static bits
in each servers config file .. they will both respond and the client
will choose one. As a static event is not written in the lease file
everyboydy is happy.

Douglas Armstrong
<www.ovationdata.com>