two interfaces, same range

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 11:36:18 UTC 2007

mateus wrote:

>i have a server with two interfaces, each interface is conected with a
>different switch, i need to do this:
>eth0 - range 192.168.0.10 192.168.0.100
>eth1 - range 192.168.0.110 192.168.0.200
>
>how can i do this? im using debian 4

I assume you have one subnet (192.168.0.0/24) and your server is
configured as a bridge. If you aren't running as a bridge then I
believe you would have an invalid network configuration.

Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no way to allocate addresses
as you wish. I don't think there is anything in the inbound packet to
identify the interface, and the interface isn't available as a
parameter to use in a match statement.

Incidentally, for those more familiar with the implementation (David
?). How does the server deal with a bridge setup, does it have the
ability to look at a bridge the interface is a member of to find the
IP address and so select the right subnet, or does it require the
interface to have an IP ?