Ignore DISCOVERs from a certain MAC?

King, Michael MKing at bridgew.edu
Mon Jul 16 13:51:15 UTC 2007

I think you might be running into something Dell has done....

http://juice.altiris.com/article/1141/how-to-disable-ip-insertion-and-us
e-dhcp-reservations-in-ds-for-dell-servers-2-0-or-greater

Deployment Solution for Dell Servers assumes that users will be using
statically configured IP addresses for their DRAC and IPMI cards. While
this may be beneficial to some users, most of us probably would prefer
to use DHCP and place IP reservations on our DHCP servers for our DRAC
and BMC cards.

BMC

    Baseboard Management Controller. A hardware management device used
to send hardware alerts about the health of the server to a remote
console for monitoring and remote diagnostics.