dhcp client accepts offer but

Jim Colton jimcolt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:42:37 UTC 2007

I am running the client on Linux.  The dhcpd is running on a access point
extender.
I see the ipv4 address that was given and accepted in ipv4 format.
Oddly the output from 'ifconfig' shows an address in ipv6 format.

pinging the address the was accepted fails.

I tried adding the network and gateway using 'route' but get "network
unreachable"
before and after doing this.

I see Received and transmitted packets continuing on each output from
ifconfig.

Why can't the network be reached?
Why does the IP desplay in ipv6?

I can give more details and printouts from commands.  Just let me know what
you would like to see.

Thank you,

Jim