dhcpd version relationship

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 08:14:14 UTC 2007

Berg, M. van den wrote:

>Now available are versions 3.0.6, 3.1.0 and 4.0.0a2
>Can anyone explain what the relation between those versions is.
>For example:
>- if you have 3.0.6 on two servers in failover mode can one be
>replaced with 3.1.0?

Not sure, one of the guys running failover will have to answer that.
However, there are a number of changes/new features affecting lease
files and failover so I think it would probably be unwise to mix them
even if they will work together.

>- is 3.1.0 the successor to 3.0.6?

Yes, it was released last week. 3.0.6 is a solid release and you need
have no worries running it if you don't need the extra features in
3.1.0.

>- what is the difference between 4.0.0 and 3.1.0? both are feature releases.

4.0.0 will be the next big release and will have IPv6 support. It is
only alpha at the moment so very much not for production.