binding state backup?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:42:28 UTC 2007

According to the dhcpd.leases man page:

"The failover protocol adds some additional transitional states, as
well as the backup state, which indicates that the lease is available
for allocation by the failover secondary."

If a dhcpd.leases file is copied from a failover configuration to a
non-failover configuration, how does the non-failover dhcpd handle
leases in "binding state backup?"

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in