Releases and Monitoring

Nathan Michaels NathanM at munet.com
Fri Jul 27 16:37:35 UTC 2007

isc-dhcpd-3.0.4 from Debian Testing
I tried using omshell to set the state to free, and it didn't work as
expected.
The syslog got "state changed from active to free" and my dhcpd.leases
has this at the end of it:
lease 192.168.0.99 {
  starts 5 2007/07/27 02:58:24;
  ends 2 2038/01/19 03:14:06;
  tstp 2 2038/01/19 03:14:06;
  binding state free;
  hardware ethernet 12:34:56:03:1a:30;
  uid "\001\000\002\200\003\0320";
}

But with an otherwise full pool, I keep getting this message:
DHCPDISCOVER from 12:34:56:03:1a:2e via eth0: network 192.168/16: no
free leases

I tried restarting the server; that entry stays in dhcpd.leases. Is
there something else I have to set in omshell?

If the solution is upgrade, is 3.1 stable enough for use in an
environment where it would be Very Bad if the DHCP server were not rock
solid?

Thanks,
~Nathan