qemu dhcp server hack

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Jun 1 15:28:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:31:22AM -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> This is a bit OT, but hopefully not to far off...

Possibly more topical for dhcp-hackers ("generic not-ISC dhcp
development discussion").  Don't sweat it.

But this bit is topical:

> I wanted to add support for host-name (which is what feeds 'search=' in
> /etc/resolve.conf, right?), but I missed something, cuz it doesn't work:

You mean domain-name.  It's not "supposed" to feed 'search' in
resolv.conf.  That's kind of something ISC DHCP went and did,
without protocol approval, and it has odd effects in other DHCP
client implementations.

There's an honest-to-god domain search option, we implemented it
in 3.1.0 (so it's in 4.0.0 too).  That obviously isn't well deployed
in clients yet.

> assuming my parameter passing is OK, is there something about the way the dhcp
> offer is being constructed I need to know?

In theory that's correct DHCP formatting.  If it were me, I'd check
bounds, but the other code snippet you quoted doesn't seem to care.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
				 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/