(no subject)

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jun 13 00:58:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 04:46:26PM -0700, Jose Amengual wrote:
> I have this configuration in my dhcp server, and i try to give to an
> Ip phone with the string "MTA3308" one of the ip address pool bellow,
> but is not working.
> class "pepe" {
> match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 4) = "MTA3308";
> }

> In this part "(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 4)" where i can
> find this two numbers (in red ) ?( tcpdump, manufacture manual ).

This is documented in the dhcp-eval(5) manual page:

       substring (data-expr, offset, length)

          The substring operator evaluates the data expression and
          returns the substring of the result of that evaluation that
          starts offset bytes from the beginning, continuing for
          length bytes.  Offset and length are both numeric
          expressions.  If data-expr, offset or length evaluate to
          null, then the result is also null.  If offset is greater
          than or equal to the length of the evaluated data, then a
          zero-length data string is returned. If length is greater
          then the remaining length of the evaluated data after
          offset, then a data string containing all data from offset
          to the end of the evaluated data is returned.

Since you have a 7-character string to match, this should work:

class "pepe" {
  match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 7) = "MTA3308";
}

> Can I use part of the mac address to give a range of ip address ?
> ( like give from 192.168.1.10 to 20 to all mac address starting with
> 00:15:00 ?)

You might be able to match on hardware address (the 'hardware' data
expression includes the one byte hardware type field, htype.  1 is
Ethernet).

class "hardware-vendor-x" {
  match if substring (hardware, 0, 4) = 1:00:15:00;
}

'hardware' is also documented in dhcp-eval(5).