DHCP config

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Sun Jun 24 12:22:29 UTC 2007

You could match a substring of the ethernet address, and then deny booting:

if substring( hardware, 0, 3 ) = 8:0:20 {
  ignore booting;
}

Replace the 8:0:20 with whatever the first three pairs of hex digits
are for the device you want to block.  Note that the substring of the
hardware address is not enclosed in quotes because we are matching the
binary values rather than string values.

Details on substring and the 'if' syntax in dhcp-eval man page. Info on
deny booting is in the dhcpd.conf man page.

regards,
-glenn