subnet6 deny/allow members of class

chinmaya+lists at gmail.com chinmaya+lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:32:14 UTC 2007

Hi
I have 2 different set of devices (CM and MTAs) under same subnet.
When they come for DHCP I identify them by classifying them
based on a DHCP option and would like to give them IPs from 2 different
subnets.

I was able to do this in DHCP IPv4, but I am not able to find a way
of doing it in DHCP IPv6. Can anyone tell me if I can do it ?

With the following configuration I am getting error saying
./dhcpv6.conf line 34: range6 declaration not allowed here.
                        range6
                        ^
./dhcpv6.conf line 37: Pool declaration with no address range.
                }
                ^

-- snippet of my dhcpd.conf --
authoritative;
ddns-updates on;
ddns-update-style interim;
do-forward-updates on;

  class "CM" {
    match if substring (option xxx, 0, 6) = "docsis";
  }
  class "MTA" {
    match if substring (option xxx, 0, 6) = "pktc";
  }

  # this is the subnet in which my DHCPv6 server is running
  subnet6 fe80::/64 {
  }

  # this is the CMTS (call it relay agent if you don't know what CMTS
means)
  # Here I have defined 2 subnets FC01::/48 for All CMs, FC02::/48 and MTAs
  shared-network CMTS1 {
    subnet6 fc01::/48 {
        pool {
            range6 fc01::/64;