Force expiration of lease on a Solaris box?

John Tabasz (jtabasz) jtabasz at cisco.com
Tue Mar 6 18:14:50 UTC 2007

And I assume that ifconfig $int release forces an immediate release of
the IP address, so if this is to be done remotely from a central
administrative server, it should be done by writing a executable that
runs the release and primary commands, shipping it to the Solaris box,
then changing the /etc/dhcpd.conf file on the server, then executing the
client side script to force the renew.

This helps quite a bit. Thanks,

John