DHCP/UDP performance tuning..

Cory Meyer cory.meyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:52:21 UTC 2007

Thanks everyone..   Looks like my first step will be to do the obvious and
increase lease times to 8/12 hrs  along with set the minimum lease time for
unregistered users to 10 minutes.   That alone should significantly decrease
the amount of requests hitting the server.  Next steps would be to try and
reduce the dependency on fsync().  I do have a script on another machine
that parses the dhcpd.leases over NFS every 5 minutes..  My guess is that
also has some sort of effect.
Thanks again for tall the help..
-- Cory