install latest version of dhcp

Douglas Power dpower at fnb.co.za
Wed May 2 08:55:21 UTC 2007

Hi All.

OS       : SuSE 10 SLES
kernel   : 2.6.16.21-0.25-smp
dhcpd -t : Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.5
           Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.

I have down loaded the "dhcp-latest.tar.gz" from
"ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/" configured it and run "make & make
install" with no errors or warnings. When I run "service dhcpd restart"
I get the following error message before if fails.

Shutting down DHCP server                                           done
Starting DHCP server Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.5
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
Usage: dhcpd [-p <UDP port #>] [-d] [-f]
             [-cf config-file] [-lf lease-file]
                   [-tf trace-output-file]
                   [-play trace-input-file]
             [-t] [-T] [-s server] [if0 [...ifN]]

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please
get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before
requesting help.

If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not
yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.
If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server at isc.org
mailing list, please read the section on the README about
submitting bug reports and requests for help.

Please do not under any circumstances send requests for
help directly to the authors of this software - please
send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in
the README file.

exiting.
                                                                  failed

This command runs without errors and starts the dhcpd server with the
default version of dhcp that ships with SLES 10 isc-dhcpd-V3.0.3

Do you have any help for me?

Thanks.

Doug.

--
Douglas Power <dpower at fnb.co.za>
FNB

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.