Duplicate lease, different ip.

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu May 3 13:10:21 UTC 2007

-chroot is not an option in the standard source. It comes form one of
the distro's patches on top of ISC dhcp.

The other possibility is that the default build puts dhcpd.conf and/or
dhcpd.leases in a different location to what your scripts expect.

Standard location is /etc for both, but some distros put leases
somewhere under /var.

regards,
-glenn

>Subject: Re: Duplicate lease, different ip.
>From: Douglas Power <dpower at fnb.co.za>
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:40:59 +0200
>
>Hi Simon.
>
>I do not seem to be coming right here so I scraped the patch stuff and
>recompiled both 3.1.0a3 & 3.0.5 after running "make" & make install"
>there were no errors or warning. However when I try to start dhcp
>"service dhcpd restart" it gives the exact same error as bellow.
>I would have thought that a straight download, unpack, ./configure, make
>& make install with no errors or warnings would start the server without
>any hassles. Do you know of any issue with the src and SLED10?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Doug.
>

>On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 07:56 +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> Douglas Power wrote:
>>
>> >I have applied the patch from <http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~didi/dhcp/> to
>> >V3.1.0a3 and this fixes the duplicate but I am unable to start the
>> >service through init.d as it gives me a usage error:

>> >Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.1.0a3
>> >Copyright 2004-2007 Internet Systems Consortium.
>> >All rights reserved.
>> >Usage: dhcpd [-p <UDP port #>] [-d] [-f]
>> >              [-cf config-file] [-lf lease-file]
>> >                    [-tf trace-output-file]
>> >                    [-play trace-input-file]
>> >              [-t] [-T] [-s server] [if0 [...ifN]]
>>
>> Typically the init.d script does various system specific things when
>> invoking a program - for example on a Debian based system it may well
>> pull in options from /etc/default/<programname> and pass then as
>> command line arguments. If there is a chroot option, then most likely
>> that is being handled by the script OR the previous version was a
>> distro-specific one with some modifications.
>>
>> You'll need to look through the script to find out what it's doing I'm
afraid.

>--
>Douglas Power <dpower at fnb.co.za>
>FNB
>.0.5
>
>To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following
address or copy into your Internet browser:
>https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html
>
>If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to
>firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.