USB-to-Ethernet Relay

Kaustuv De (w/PGDIT) Kaustuv.De at sit.iitkgp.ernet.in
Fri May 4 11:56:37 UTC 2007

I would like to thank Mr.Simon Hobson for the prompt response., in earlier
mail.I am sorry that that I included this topic, in differnt topic related
mail.basically I am new user.
my problem is:

I would like to develop a USB-to-Ethernet relay.

This system will require an internal DHCP client to
configure the Ethernet interface. In particular it
will need the following to operate in the network:
+ its own IP address
+ its subnet mask
+ the gateway address
To act as a relay, it will additionally require:
+ the IP address of the m/c which will host the USB virtual
  devices
+ the port number through which it will connect to that host
  to the USB virtual device server.

Initially, I am to write a linux based dhcp client. After that
I have to port that to a FPGA kit with both USB and
Ethernet interfaces.
Should I write a standrad dhcp client..can any body please give me some
idea, what will be ideal approach...

Kaustuv