ISC DHCP and VCS setup

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed May 9 18:59:35 UTC 2007

When we put our third-party DHCP HA appliance into production our Calix
IRC card also choked on DHCP responses.

Guenther, Calix wizard, was able to see in debug mode that the device
responding to the DHCP request didn't match the Calix-configured relay
address.  So our third-party DHCP appliance vendor implemented iptables
into their product so that the response packets were munged to the match
the virtual IP.

I hope this helps.

Frank