Configure routing (with netmask)

Vitor Flausino vflausino at dti.pga.aero
Thu May 10 12:43:19 UTC 2007

What about if the routing was:

1.1.2.32/30 -> 1.1.1.2

What was the configuration?
Best regards,
-vcf

-----Original Message-----
From: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org [mailto:dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org] On Behalf Of Tim Peiffer
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:54 AM
To: dhcp-users at isc.org
Subject: Re: Configure routing (with netmask)

Vitor,
    I agree with Simon's sentiment that it should be done by the router
so that it is transparent to the client, but that approach doesn't work
for the corner cases such as VRF unaware multi-homing in an MPLS
environment.

The options are described by RFC3442 option-121 and a Microsoft specific
option-249.  Both do the same things, but Microsoft had their own
reasons for embracing and changing the standards.  Option-121 (and 249)
are both typed as arrays of IP address and come in pairs.
1.1.2.0/24 -> 1.1.1.2   is expressed in option-121 as   24.1.1.2, 1.1.1.2
1.1.3.0/24 -> 1.1.1.3   is expressed in opiton-121 as   24.1.1.3, 1.1.1.3

Regards,
Tim Peiffer
Networking and Telecommunications Services
University of Minnesota