DHCP Option 82
fredzone at libertysurf.fr
Mon May 14 09:18:46 UTC 2007
this is the Relay Agent Option,
it is composed of suboption (circuit-id, remote-id, subscriber-id, etc.).
- Often a relay agent is a trusted element in a network and for the DHCP
server it's interesting to obtain securized data before reply.
- It could be used to identify a relay
- It could be used to identify the client physical line and count how many
ip were leased on the line
- Relay agent often use this option (echoed by server) to reply on the
physical line to the client and not on broadcast (Relay agent implementation
- The setting of these options. It's not often easy to maintain consistency
between the elements setting in the network and your information database.
- The DATAGRAM packet size grows
In my opinion, it's interesting to use this option if you use it on the DHCP
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aggarwal Vivek-Q4997C" <Q4997C at motorola.com>
To: <dhcp-users at isc.org>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:53 AM
Subject: DHCP Option 82
> Hi Everybody
> Can anyone please give the short description on DHCP 82 Option, that how
> we can use this option and what are its advantages?
> Vivek Aggarwal
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.0/803 - Release Date: 13/05/2007
More information about the dhcp-users