DHCP for IP over IB interfaces

Ashenafi D bashenafi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 22:12:15 UTC 2007

After applying the DHCP patch provided with OFED packages, I was able to
assign dynamic IP addresses from a pool of IPs declared in dhcpd.conf.

1) Now, I am wondering whether it is possible to use DHCP to assign static
ip addresses for IB interfaces.

If yes what should be the dhcp-client-identifier looks like in the host
declaration?

I tried the port's GUID and GID as client-identifier, but it did not help, I
am getting "no free leases" from the dhcp server.

I have attached the output from tcpdump on dhcp server.

2) Is there a way in which I can set on the client, the client identifier
option with an identifier unique to the client?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Best Regards,
Ash