Global Scope (fwd)

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Tue Sep 11 21:01:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Simon Hobson wrote:

|->Keith wrote:
|->
|->>dhcpd: WARNING: Host declarations are global.  They are not limited to the
|->>scope you declared them in.
|->>
|->>This didnt happen with 3.0.1.
|->
|->It was put in because of the number of times we got queries because
|->something wasn't working right. People put host declarations in a
|->subnet and expect the host declaration to inherit properties from the
|->subnet - they don't. The result is that a host appears to get the
|->'wrong' options under some setups.

I dont think Ive ever put a host declaration in a subnet, Ive always
kept them seperate and outside of subnet's.

So I'm basically ok even with this error popping up?

Regards,
Keith