Assigning host entries to diffrent subnets

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Sep 28 12:02:57 UTC 2007

>Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:00:41 +0100
>From: Erik Bloodaxe <E.Bloodaxe at gold.ac.uk>
>
>Simon Hobson wrote:
>>
>> Look in the man page for dhcpd.conf and see the sections on classes
>> and subclasses. There is an example there of how you may assign hosts
>> to classes based on MAC address, or if there is something unique about
>> these clients (eg vendor class id is some value) then you could write
>> a generic match on that feature.
>>

>Thanks for this.  I have looked at the man page but need more help.  I
>think you are refering to the secion from Client classing and
>subclassing in the dhcpd.conf man page.  I have seen this but I cannot
>find any further information on the syntax of the match commnad.  Can
>some one assist?

There are several other man pages you should also read:

dhcpd.conf	most of the syntax for the dhcpd.conf
dhcp-options	the standard options that can be in a dhcp packet
dhcp-eval	how to evaluate expressions, if, match, and many others.

There are many small examples in the manual pages, you may need to put
some together. Also searching the archives should be very fruitful -
questions exactly like yours have been asked before.

http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/dhcp-lists.php

regards,
-glenn