Linux clients working, XP not. -errata!

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Apr 11 18:17:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:07:39AM -0700, David W. Hankins wrote:
> > How do I get the DHCP server to reply to 255.255.255.255?
>
> i think it can't, because our AIX support uses the BSD socket API.

oh, uh, someone said something about relays.  if you have a device
hanging around and can put the server on a different broadcast domain
than the clients (like any cisco router), you can use a relay to solve
this...the server only has to unicast UDP to the relay, the relay
takes care of translating to the right broadcast (or not) reply.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/