have a question,please give me help,thank you very much!!

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 13:22:57 UTC 2008

gudujuan 52079 wrote:

>  I'm using dhcpd-3.0pl1-23 in an office environment.

That is very old, you really should consider an update.

>I want to configure two shared-network(for exaple as following),but
>DHCP failover without shared-network.How to do??
>

>shared-network "test1"{
>subnet 10.0.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>pool {
>range 10.0.1.1 10.0.1.254;
>}
>}
>}
>

>shared-network "test2"{
>subnet 10.0.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>pool {
>range 10.0.2.1 10.0.2.254;
>}
>}
>}

Do you actually need those shared network statements ? In the config
you give, they are not actually doing anything as there is only one
subnet in each of them.

If those two subnets are the only ones you have, then you can remove
the shared-network declarations.

As for failover, have you read the docs ? 'man dhcpd.conf' is a good
starting point. But if you are going to use failover, then you REALLY
need to be upgrading the software as there have been many bug fixes
since the version you are using.

Finally, do yourself a favour and apply some formatting, it makes the
config file a lot easier to read, and more importantly, easier to
debug :

shared-network "test1"{
   subnet 10.0.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
     pool {
       range 10.0.1.1 10.0.1.254;
^ ^ ^ - see how the indentation makes the nesting easier to see, and
would make any mismatch in '{' and '}' easier to find.