DHCP + Radius

Jamie Orzechowski admin at ripnet.com
Mon Apr 14 14:48:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am new to the list and have a few questions.

We are an ISP that currently authenticates via PPPoE using radius.  Very
simple for accounting of usage and authenticating users.

We are going to be moving new services to DHCP.  I am looking for advice
on using ISC DHCP with Radius?

Is this possible?

I want the DHCP server to send MAC address requests to my radius which
then says yes/no and the customer either get a lease or does not.

Will ISC DHCP support this via some patches or is there a commercial
DHCP required for this?

Any other options to get this done?